Bonus incentives, truck allowance, paid vacation.
Handyman Matters is an industry-leading repair & remodeling company for both residential and commercial properties.
We are leading the way to standardizing the industry!
Hourly Pay plus BENEFITS: Performance Bonuses, Truck Allowance, Cell Phone, Paid Vacation, Flexible Scheduling, Advancement and Growth Opportunities, Regular Pay Reviews, Consistent Year-Round Work, and more!
All work is in the city of Chicago and nearby suburbs.
We find and schedule the jobs for you--> YOU provide the quality craftsmanship and customer service.
Handyman Matters Chicago is one of Chicagoland's top-rated handyman, repair and remodeling companies at www.handymanmatters.com/chicago (5251 N. Central Ave., Chicago IL 60630).
Since 2004, we have been providing homes and businesses throughout Chicago with quality craftsmanship across all of their repair, maintenance and remodeling projects -- both large and small -- inside and outside.
Our multi-skilled professionals specialize in everything from basic repair, painting, plumbing, electrical and installation tasks -- to moderate-sized projects like door, window, flooring, tiling and room updates -- to complete home remodeling projects for your kitchens, bathrooms, family rooms, dens, basements, decks and garages.
We can handle all specialized handicap and aging-in-place needs for ramps, grab-bars, railings, door handles and the like.
And, we can also set up a year-round home maintenance program for homes to help our clients stay ahead of minor repairs before they become more expensive problems.
Home Services Offered
- Major Room Remodeling -- kitchens, baths, basements, family rooms, bedrooms, dens and basements
- Handyman -- basic repair and installation tasks from hanging pictures to everything else
- Doors & Windows -- installation and repairs
- Carpentry -- crown molding, chair rails, wainscoting, base molding, stairs, railings, shelving, trim
- Electrical -- fixtures, ceiling fans, GFCIs, outlets, switches, exterior lights, dimmers, service upgrades, breaker panel replacement, and troubleshooting
- Plumbing -- faucets, sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, garbage disposals, shut off valves, ice makers, supply lines, drains, leaks, troubleshooting
- Lighting and Lighting Systems -- installation and trouble-shooting
- Drywall -- repair and installation
- Painting/Staining -- interior and exterior
- Flooring, Tiling and Countertops -- all rooms, from hardwood and vinyl to ceramic and granite
- Exterior Projects -- fencing, gutters, siding, fences, decks, ramps, power washing
- Aging in Place -- hand rails, grab bars, ADA accessible tubs, doorways.
Our Chicago office is currently looking for energetic, fast-moving individuals who fit the following:
Knowledge of Trades
- Good, overall knowledge of all trades: Carpentry -- Plumbing -- Electrical -- Tiling -- Painting -- Drywalling
- Estimation skills and prior home inspection experience a PLUS
Required Equipment and Truck/Van
- Must have a standard set of tools to perform all of the above trades
- Must own your own truck or van with a drivers license
- Must live within 15 miles of city of Chicago
- Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to be able to examine a problem situation and come up with a resolution in a prompt and professional manner
Excellent Communication Skills
Must exhibit excellent communication skills with:
- Office Personnel
- Fellow Employees
- Documentation (for Invoicing)
- Clean-Cut appearance
- Presentable vehicle
- Organized tools
- Must be able to pass a background and drug check
Benefits We Provide:
- Top Wages, Bonus Incentive Opportunities and Employee Recognition
- An Initial 90-day Performance Review with Opportunity for Pay Increase
- Pay Reviews every 6 months
- Vehicle Allowance
- Continuous Year-Round work
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Vacation
- Company-issued Credit Card to minimize out-of-pocket expenses
- Company-issued Cell Phone
- Employee can travel to work assignments right from home -- no need to come to office daily -- work is dispatched to you via company cell phone or email
- Job-related paperwork can be mailed to office
- Certification program and continuous on-going training
Handyman Matters Chicago is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to Handyman Matters Corporate.
Handyman Matters Chicago
The nearly 300 Craftsmen who represent our Brand are the heart and soul of our turn-key, white-glove home repair, maintenance, and improvement service. They are skilled and experienced in many trades, but their professionalism and attention to detail is what sets them apart from others who work in the industry.
Handyman Matters Craftsmen are empowered and given much more flexibility than others in our industry. For example, they are in charge of their own job sites, and given the freedom to interact directly with Homeowners and Property Managers to suggest work that will improve safety, preserve their largest investment, and truly help them to love their homes and commercial buildings.
Handyman Matters’ work itself is often indoors in temperature-controlled environments, and is primarily of lighter-duty than new construction projects. There are Franchise Owners and Customer Service Representatives to assist with the day-to-day operations and administrative side of the business allowing our Craftsmen to focus on the tasks at-hand and provide our customers with professional services that exceed expectations. Our Franchise Owners are successful, business-savvy individuals, who are ethical and treat their Staff like Family. The safety and well-being of TEAM members is a top priority. Many of our Craftsmen are former business owners themselves and after working for a Handyman Matters local office, even for a short time, they have no desire to be out on their own or operating their small businesses any longer.
Most of the projects completed are for Repeat and Referral Customers—folks truly appreciate our high level of service, and they often request additional work by asking for particular Craftsmen by name. If you take great pride in your skills and abilities and wish to join a proven, winning TEAM that has served America’s neighborhoods and communities since 1998, please apply to the position(s) available below.
Company Website: www.handymanmatters.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)